Neurodiversity is a term used to describe the diversity of human brains and minds. This course is designed to help teachers in mainstream schools better understand and support children with diverse neurologies. You will learn about the identification and referral process, effective communication strategies with parents, and evidence-based strategies to support students in the classroom.
- Learn about neurodiversity and its importance in mainstream schools
- Understand the identification and referral process
- Improve communication with parents of neurodivergent students
- Discover effective strategies to support neurodivergent students in the classroom
- Explore evidence-based best practices for teaching neurodivergent students
What you will learn:
- Understand Neurodiversity ( Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Developmental Coordination Disorder)
Learn about the concept of neurodiversity and why it is important in mainstream schools.
- Identify and Refer
Understand the processes and procedures for identifying and referring neurodivergent students.
- Effective Communication
Learn strategies for effective communication with parents of neurodivergent students.
- Classroom Strategies
Discover evidence-based strategies for supporting neurodivergent students in the classroom.
- Best Practices
Explore best practices for teaching and supporting neurodivergent children in mainstream schools.